Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

Four Exams down, none to go...

...thank goodness. Last one was Study of Religion, I had to "Assess the relevance of religion in cyberspace as an area of interest for Religious Studies". Well, it was easier than the question on phenomenology at least. I talked about how religion is influenced hugly by technology, in particular writing, the alphabet and the printing press, and the internet is perhaps another stage like that. I bumbled along talking about how if Buddha visited a web site, would that be the same as a tree the Buddha sat under? and things like that. Oh yes, if a person turns an online prayer-wheel, is that of the same value as turning an offline prayer-wheel? My answer is that if the believer considers it to be valid, as a Religionist, it is therefore worthy of study.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?